Friday 4 March 2011

Wisdom of the Week – Suicide

 
Illustration taken from ‘The Little Angel Book of Hours’ by Lucian Eyers.
© Lucian Eyers 2010.

I saw yet another disturbing story this week about a young girl who had committed suicide due to depression. I am hoping that if any one is surfing the web, looking for advice on how to commit suicide, or is looking for someone to participate with them – they may find my page first.

My name ‘Lucian’ means light, and I will help you to shed light on your problem, if you wish to ask me. Every situation is different as will be my response. Many times I have been helped in my life – it is my turn to help you.
Suicide is not part of the natural spiritual process. Before we are born our higher selves have decided how long we need to be in a physical body to learn the lessons we agreed. We will know what these lessons are, as they are aspects of ourselves that we struggle with. They could be a manner of things – tolerance, forgiveness, patience or self-worth, to name but a few.
If we are in danger of dying prematurely, our guardian angel will step in to prevent this from happening. Equally we cannot remain here any longer than our higher selves have agreed.
Suicide, however, is different. If we decide to end our lives prematurely, both our higher selves and God Himself has to agree to our departure. However, we will still have to come back in another life to serve the remaining years, as there is no escaping the undertaking we took for spiritual development.
Those are the facts – now for the solution.
The most powerful key I can offer to open the door to happiness is acceptance.
Acceptance allows you to understand that everything happens for a reason and that everything is just as it should be. Acceptance allows you to see your problems as opportunities to make changes in your life. Without change, none of us can grow. However, if we are not growing as we should, then we are forced to by certain challenges. Most people call these ‘problems.’
Be cautious not to seek out others who are depressed already – aim for the light.

I have included above one of my drawings from my forthcoming book ‘The Little Angel Book of Hours’. The illustration is from a poem on the very subject of suicide.

We all have our own guardian angel and unicorn to help us. These highly enlightened spiritual beings radiate pure love and possess both strength and gentleness. Focus on this, for this is how you must be – gentle and strong.
Remember your guardian angel and unicorn can only help you if you ask. They cannot contravene the laws of the Universe, which is to allow you free choice, and even to suffer if you wish.
Ask them both for courage and guidance and they will be joyful to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment