Friday 11 March 2011

Wisdom of the Week – Dreams

  
© Lucian Eyers 2010

This week the Environmental Agency published pictures of what could very likely happen to London, should global warming cause severe flooding.

Two years ago my wife and I had independent dreams, that London would be under water. In the case of my own dream the depth was approximately 10 meters.

Dreams are significant from a spiritual perspective as they help us with many things. Dreams can solve our problems, allow us to learn our life’s lessons and act as a warning. When we dream our spiritual selves go to a place, which is known as the 'Inner Planes.' This is why many people say their dreams seem almost real – because they are. The only difference is the dreamer is not in a physical body.

In Dr. Adams' book, 'The Spiritual Dimension of Childhood', a child's dream relayed a prophetic vision: In 1966 a 10 year old girl called Eryl Mai Jones told her mother, ‘that she had dreamt that her school was covered in a black substance. The dream had frightened Eryl Mai and she was worried about going to school, but her mother insisted that she went. Two days later, Eryl Mai and 143 schoolmates died, as her school in Aberfan, Wales, was buried under a landslide of black coal slurry.’ 1.

Because we are here on Earth to learn, the learning process continues when we are resting. If we wish to have a peaceful night then it helps if we are at peace with ourselves. If we go to bed focused on our troubles, then our dreams will reflect this. Saying your prayers will help you to have a peaceful night – and expressing gratitude is nothing to be ashamed of.

It is unwise to attempt to decipher other people’s dreams as you experience scenarios that are specific to you. You will be the best judge of what your own dream means. We are here to learn independence, so be careful empowering others when we must learn to take control of our own lives, which includes understanding our own dreams.

When making sense of your dream, try not to complicate things, but look for the obvious. The objective of the dream experience is not to confuse, but to bring clarity to you.

The picture above is taken from my forthcoming book, ‘The Angel Book of Hours.’ It illustrates my poem called ‘Trilogy of the Soldier.’ I asked the angels if they could explain to me the significance of fighting as a soldier and how karma is generated from this. That night I had a dream where I shot my enemy with a rifle. The enemy immediately shot me and the bullet went through my eye. As I looked at him lying on the ground, I was horrified to see the man I shot – was actually me.

The message the dream gave me was, when we inflict suffering on others, we ultimately do this to ourselves.

What does this mean? It means we are all one and all of God. Killing another being is like destroying a brother or a sister. The consequence is a scar. A scar will not only stay with the victim after they have passed-over, but ultimately remains too – with the perpetrator.

1. 'The Spiritual Dimension of Childhood' by Kate Adams et al. Published in 2008 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Chapter 8, p136.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment